Create Mon to Fri 9 – 5
Ecohome normally open weekdays 12 – 3
Gallery Mon to Fri 9 – 5
Please note we are closed on Bank Holidays.
How to find us
The Create Centre is in one of the three large red brick warehouses in Cumberland Basin, halfway between Clifton Suspension Bridge and the ss Great Britain.
• The city centre is only 1.8 miles away - a pleasant 30-minute walk along the docks.
• Temple Meads railway station is about 2 miles and Broadmead bus station 2.5 miles.
• From the city centre the Festival Way cycle track runs alongside
Cumberland Road (riverside) to Create and on to Long Ashton.
• From Bedminster the cycle track crosses Greville Smyth park, crossing the old railway bridge and on to Create.
• From Pill the cycle track runs along the old rail track, under the suspension bridge,
and over the old rail bridge and on to Create.
• Plenty of cycle parking is provided inside and outside the building, and showers and
lockers are available for visitors.
Visit www.betterbybike.info for bike route maps.
• The 506 bus operated by Wessex Connect runs to Create along Cumberland Road. Its circular route runs from Southmead via Eastville, Old Market, Broadmead and includes a stop Temple Meads Railway Station.
At the station board the bus at stop Ta for journeys to Create (the return journey drops off at the bottom of the station approach by the Isambard Brunel pub). Buses run approximately every 30 mins. Please check www.wessexbus.com for latest timetable information.
• The 505 Wessex Connect bus stops at Merchants Road, Hotwells. This service runs from Southmead to Bower Ashton via Redland, Clifton and Hotwells.
• A number of out of town bus services run regularly from Broadmead bus station and
the city centre along Hotwells Road, stopping just before Junction Lock Bridge. These are to Weston, Clevedon, Portishead and Nailsea numbered 1/X1, X2/3, X6, X8/9
• For full details of the bus timetables and routes, call TRAVELINE South West on
0871 200 22 33
Temple Meads railway station, serviced by trains from across the country, is situated around two miles from Create.
To get to Create from Temple Meads:
• Catch the 506 bus to Create, every 30 mins (Mon-Sat, not public holidays)
• Approximately 45 minute walk
• Hire a taxi
You can also hire a Brompton folding bike from Temple Meads Station. Available 24/7 from fully automated docks. For more information please visit Brompton Bike Hire.
Bristol Ferry Boat Company runs reliable timetabled ferries to and from the Create Centre (Nova Scotia landing stage on Hotwells ferry).
Catch the ferry direct to Create from the city centre and ss Great Britain. Ferries from Temple Meads change at the city centre.
Tel: 0117 927 3416
There is very limited parking at the Create Centre. As an environment centre we positively encourage other forms of transport. If you must come by car, please allow plenty of time to park as you may have to park within a five minute walk of the Centre.
Car park maps can be sent out on request.
Long Ashton and Portway Park and Ride services are available with
the buses stopping on Hotwells Road. For more information visit:
Tel: 0117 922 4370